Online web design and coding class (summer, 2019)
Future Web Professionals Online Web Technologist and Web Designer 2019 Summer Courses
Web Professionals is offering online summer classes on web design and coding. No prior experience is required. These classes are open to anyone who aspires to be a web professional or develop a deeper understanding of what it takes to create web sites. These courses can be completed in 2-3 weeks depending on the pace you set for yourself. You will have between June 1 and August 15 to complete the course and take the industry certificate exam. Enrollment begins May 1 and ends July 21.
- Do you want to do something different this summer?
- Do you want to shape the future of the web?
- Are you new to coding?
- Are you creative?
- Are you interested in creating Web Apps, Virtual Reality, Web-Based Games, Web Pages, and Voice Controlled Apps?
- Do you want to earn your first industry credentials and become part of a professional association?
- Do you dream of being a web designer or developer? Are you interested in learning how to design web pages, websites and web-based interactive fiction games all while learning how to code in the newest version of HTML5 and CSS3?
- Do you like to work at your own pace and do you learn well by watching videos and working hands-on?
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 – Then you may be the future web professional we want to meet.
This year we are offering two dynamic career experience and credential building experiences.
- Introduction to Web Technologies
- Introduction to Web Design and Development
This is your chance to:
- Get ahead – learn the fundamentals of web design and coding from practicing professionals, earn industry credentials, and become part of a professional organization.
- Begin learning a new career – jump-start your understanding of web design, web technologies and web coding. Don’t try to do it on your own. We have the interactive courseware and experienced teachers to give you feedback and help you succeed.
- Learn at your own pace – your selected course may take about two to three weeks to complete. The course is well organized with concise instructional videos, sandbox coding playground and real-world guided assignments. This course is flexible and can work around your schedule.
- You will have access to an experienced online teacher – you have likely encountered many classes where you “learn on your own.” This class is different. If you have a question (or need a little encouragement), you can reach out to an actual teacher (someone who has created websites and taught web design online for years). They are there to help you.
- Manage your own professional subdomain on a server – as a member of our association you will have a subdomain where you can share examples of your work and begin building a professional portfolio. You will be able to share your work on the web with your friends, family, college recruiters and potential employers.
- Earn a certificate – Once you have completed this coursework, you are eligible to take our novice level industry certification exam on web design and coding, or web technologies.
- Become a member of a professional organization – student membership in Web Professionals is included with either of these courses.
Each course contains:
- Free suite of web tools, no additional cost and nothing for you to download
- Media-rich interactive lesson with over 100 tutorial videos.
- Real world assignments and career oriented projects.
- An experienced US based educator and web professional to help mentor you through your course.
- The ability to practice and play with the code as you learn. Interactive lessons teach you and give you immediate visual feedback as you code.
Here is a screen capture from one of the introductory pages. This may give you a better understanding of what each module looks like in our course.
All this for $495. Sure, many take time off in the summer and can show photos of their experiences. Why not get experiences that may lead to a high paying career in the fields of web design, web technologies and coding. You can still take some time to get sunburned, swat at misquitos and mow the yard. But what if you accomplished a bit more this summer? When you complete this course and earn your certificate, build a portfolio, post your industry endorsed badges on social media everybody will know what you did over the summer.
If you think this approach is for you, click the button below to register for this class.
Note: A pop-up dialog will appear asking for your credit card information.